Category Archives: Lifelong Learning
Flourishing as a Freelancer – 5 Skills to Attain and Enhance to Guarantee Success as a Self-Employed Professional
With countless digital resources available to us today, freelancing has become less of a part-time opportunity and more of a full-time employment option. Countless individuals have turned to freelancing, offering up various services to different employers from around the world in exchange for hefty salaries that can compete with those offered through traditional employment opportunities. While there are lots of different areas of expertise that freelancers can dabble in, there are certain skills that each one needs to have in order to optimize their abilities and enhance the value of their service. Wondering what 5 essential skills you should have in your freelance repertoire? Read on to find out.
- Communication – Most freelancers are remote workers, rendering service from the comfort of their home or wherever it is they feel most at ease to work. That means communication with employers is often done through the internet via instant messaging, emailing, or video calling. Being savvy when it comes to these communication applications is tantamount to conveying ideas and messages effectively through speech or in writing. Hone your communication skills to ease the process of sharing info with your employer, no matter where in the world they may be.
- Advanced Computer Software Mastery – Lots of the work freelancers perform require the use of different computer software, such as Microsoft office applications. While some of the basic operations are easy to understand on your own, it would be to your advantage if you took up Microsoft courses offered online to enrich your knowledge.
- Time Management – Working from home can be very distracting, especially on days when you might not feel in the mood to work. Being able to focus on the tasks at hand and managing your time to complete all duties the soonest or before your employer needs them will help make you an efficient freelancer guaranteed to get repeat jobs later on.
- Digital Marketing – To some extent, all of the different online jobs you’ll find will require some knowledge or experience in digital marketing. Taking up short courses or free webinars through the internet will help bring you up to speed regarding the ins and outs of marketing online.
- Money Management – As a freelancer, it will be your responsibility to put a price on your services. Salaries and payment schedules are also completely up to you, unless your employer has suggestions or preferences. Being able to manage your own funds and finding the right avenues to receive and withdraw payments will help maximize what you earn.
Are you ready to become a successful self-employed professional? Develop these 5 essential skills, continue to improve your abilities and professional value, and jump start your career as a freelancer.
Often, employees that perform core functions of the company are seen as the main asset of a business. But those that work behind the scenes to accomplish ancillary functions actually aren’t any less important. Human resource employees for instance don’t necessarily perform a core function, but they are essential for finding, training, and managing the ones that do. All too often, we overlook the role of HR when it comes to our overall success. Find out why you shouldn’t belittle your human resource department, and learn just how they make a major difference for your enterprise by reading these 5 reasons.
- Strategic Planning – It’s the HR’s duty to make sure that your human capital works towards overall success, and it’s easy to see that such a responsibility isn’t accomplished all that instantly. Strategic planning and management will guarantee that all employees are focused on the same company goals, so that everyone performs in a way that leads to achieving objectives.
- Compensation – No employer wants to have a disgruntled group of employees on their tail just because they didn’t get paid on time. Employees are particularly meticulous when it comes to their salaries, because this is ultimately why they put in all their effort to work. With an efficient HR department, workers are granted the right compensation and benefits that reflect the effort and time they put in for work. This will eliminate the chances of employees resigning because of constantly changing and unreliable payment schedules.
- Safety and Health – When your workers are safe and healthy, they have much less to worry about, thus allowing them to give their hundred percent with their responsibilities. Safety and health training is all part of the HR’s role, and ultimately serves the purpose of ensuring your workers can move in and navigate the workplace without worrying about their own or others’ safety.
- Recruitment and Retention – It takes a very keen eye in order to identify which applicants would best fit a company, and this is a skill that’s unique to HR specialists. With an in-depth understanding of company goals and objectives, HR personnel can pinpoint who will be a beneficial asset and who might not be. What’s more, it’s also up to the HR to make sure all of those who come on board stay on board, especially if their performance maximizes returns.
- Employee Satisfaction – A happy workforce will be more willing to provide you with high quality outcomes that are guaranteed to keep a smile on your consumers’ faces. The HR routinely measures employee satisfaction to see if there are any gaps in the strategy, or any practices that could be making them feel less motivated and willing to do their best. With this information, HR formulates and adjusts tactics to help optimize the workplace and reduce negative ideas and conflicts.
Your HR department does a lot more than you’re likely to recognize, so be sure to give them a well deserved pat on the back when you can. Motivate your HR to keep your workforce performing at its peak, and you can be sure to see greater success in the near future.
Boarding schools in Malaysia are divided into two main types, namely public schools and private schools. In either settings, children or teenagers spend a large chunk of the year away from home, living with their classmates.
Attending a boarding school is an extremely interesting experience that really shapes how one turns out as an adult, especially since it encourages a higher level of independence. Many students who have left boarding school remember it with fondness. In Malaysia, there are several types of experiences that only those who’ve attended boarding school know, and here are some of them:
If you’re an ex-boarding school student, you’ll remember how hard it was for you to leave your Mum and Dad. Over time this feeling somewhat eases out, but when the going gets tough, like during stressful exam seasons, the horrible feeling of missing home starts to bubble up in your tummy all over again.
Learning to Eat Whatever is Served
When you were home, your mother probably cooked your favourite dishes ever so often and took your requests into consideration. In boarding school however, the food is mass produced and you usually can’t be picky, or you’ll risk going hungry until the next meal. Therefore, you learn to eat meals that are sometime unpalatable, because you’ll go to bed hungry otherwise.
Being A Freshman Is the Worst
No boarding school experience is complete without the first few months of orientation. You’ll be expected to do almost anything an upperclassman orders you to do, and a huge part of your after school period is spent in the various activities organized as part of the orientation, leaving little time for sleep or relaxation.
You Learn to Power Nap Anywhere
Talking about sleep, the tight and strict schedule that most boarding schools expect their students to keep allows only about 6 -7 hours of sleep per day. This means that you’ll probably develop the ability to power nap your way through classes, but of course not when the teacher is teaching.
You’ll Hear A Tonne of Ghost Stories
One of the favourite social activities when you and your friends get together is to trade supernatural stories involving the dorm. Some of these may be picked up from seniors, and most often, the lights are shut when the storytelling begins.
The Friends You Make Here are for Life
In boarding school, you’ll meet the people who will be your friends for decades to come. The loneliness and challenges you face in a strange mean that you and your friends depend heavily on one another for moral and mental support. These bonds don’t break easily and will carry on into the next chapter of your life.
Boarding schools in Malaysia can really be enriching experience, especially when it involves a critical time in your youth, when you’re busy discovering yourself and how to relate to those around you. It’s therefore a great education option for students and parents alike.
As videogames have become increasingly complex over the years and the internet has revolutionized the capabilities of even the most basic game platforms, the economies involved have grown accordingly.
As many of the most popular titles of the day are free-to-play, there’s been a focused effort to create simpler, more secure ways of transferring funds. Though free-to-play, these micro-transactions are fundamental to the ongoing success of any game, small or large. Making sure that customers have flexibility and security is beneficial to the entire industry, so it’s not surprise that it’s become a focus for major business.
As the gaming landscape has grown more sophisticated, one of the companies doing the same with digital currency is MOL Money Online. While Microsoft and Sony consoles enjoy their own unified digital currency for any game developers to utilize, the same can’t be said for the diverse ecosystem of PC/Mobile gaming. MOL has been making serious efforts to change that.
MOL’s payment platform is targeted specifically to game developers, with partnerships with most major financial institutions. From VISA and Mastercard to PayPal, “MOL Points” can be purchased for use in well over a hundred games, including “Clash of Kingdoms,” “Eve Online,” and even “Candy Crush Saga.” If there’s a popular MMO on PC or mobile, chances are they use MOL’s services.
The benefits to this unified currency are obvious. For one, the same financial information doesn’t need to be entered for every game being played. For another, game companies large and small can utilize the digital currency of a company dedicated to its maintenance and security, rather than having to build their own. Many of the larger games maintain both, but the benefit of an international entity expanding the scope of potential funding is a no-brainer.
Of course, on a more practical level, these cards allow users to set limits on their gaming expenses. Parents can even teach the basics of credit card management and budgeting, while maintaining primary control over real-world expense.
Finally, the benefit of digital currency is in its flexibility. Given the nature of these videogames, there’s every incentive to increase the exchange value of real money for larger digital currency packages. However, finding the best deals on recharging your card can wind up becoming a game unto itself.
One site offering a range of options of many digital currencies is SEA Gamer Mall. Athttp://www.seagm.com/molpoints-direct-top-up-card you can find a series of packages of increasing value, along with deals for Gamer Mall members as well. Currently using PayPal can garner a 5% discount immediately, which can certainly make the sting of trading real money for digital money easier to bear.
Truly, this pattern of games development is just getting started. It’s interesting to see the ways that businesses and institutions are responding to it, but there are scammers responding to these changes as well. Backpage deals are common online, with countless tales of loss. The best advice you could get would be to tread carefully, and find reputable sites to recharge your gamecards.
Many people believe that kindergarten can be the cornerstone of a child’s development. This is a crucial point because many children are entering school for the first time. Parents should be patient during the child’s period of adjustment. Kindergartens in Malaysia are wonderful for fostering learning in a social setting. Creativity is vital for children, and when children are given the opportunity to engage in creative learning and play activities with other children they are establishing the groundwork for a lifetime of learning.
Kindergarten children have enormous imaginations that need to be occupied. It is essential that activities for kids are designed in way that encourage learning alongside imaginative play. While children do enjoy coloring, they need versatile creative outlets in order to be entertained for any length of time. Making thumb print animals or painting often captures a child’s attention. A kindergartener should not be told that there is only one way to draw a house or a dog; this represses their own creativity. It is best when kids can recognize that shapes are used in a vast number of ways when creating pictures. A kindergartner will be quite proud if their parents display their work of art on the refrigerator.
Children are often entertained for longer periods of time if they are interacting with a group. There have been kindergartener teachers that have been known to introduce large 500 piece puzzles for a class to work on together. Of course the children will need much guidance, but they enjoy working on a task together.
An imagination station or play center is often a popular choice for kindergarten children. A play kitchen with play food and costumes encourages children to create their own stories and teaches them to share and interact with other children.
Another important activity is story time. Every child enjoys listening to a well-crafted story that has colorful illustrations. Reading to children also exposes children to words that would not be used on a daily basis otherwise. When children are read to at an early age it deepens their love of reading and expands their vocabulary.
Music time is another opportunity to teach children in a fun way. Children love rhythm whether they are singing a nursery rhyme song, their alphabet or a song that teaches them about numbers. Music makes it easier to commit important concepts to memory. Of course children also love to clap along with the beat. Parents typically enjoy listening to their child sing nursery rhymes or other fun songs that were taught at school. Music is an excellent tool for getting children excited about learning.
Your kindergartener will be able to learn as they play. It is important for a kindergarten class to utilize activities that involve all children. Some children may be naturally shy, and group activities are great for helping them learn to socialize and interact with others. Childhood is precious. Your child deserves a kindergarten class that supports them and encourages growth.
Bedtime rituals serve as end-of-day relaxation and winding down strategies. A healthy beauty regimen practiced consistently plays a big part in maintaining radiant skin and waking up rested. In the course of the day, the skin is exposed to various harmful elements that could lead to imperfections and skin disorders. Taking the appropriate steps to allow the skin to breathe, heal and renew itself helps to improve skin tone, prevent or reduce blemishes and restore that youthful healthy glow.
Makeup and grime can clog up pores, resulting in skin imperfections such as blackheads, acne and uneven skin tone. Begin your bedtime ritual by removing the day’s makeup and grime using makeup remover and a cotton pad. The process can be as simple as using readily available products such as petroleum jelly or baby oil especially around the eye area where skin is more fragile. Apply a warmed-up dab of petroleum jelly on each eyelid. Massage gently to dissolve stubborn eye makeup then use cotton pads to wipe off excess product.
Makeup remover is not sufficient to clean the skin. Follow up with warm water and a gentle facial wash preferably in liquid form. Avoid using soap as this tends to dry the skin. Gentle cleansers, such as products made especially for baby skin, are better options. Watch out for products containing sodium lauryl sulfate as this ingredient can be harsh on skin.
There are many cleansing products to choose from with each one targeted to a particular skin type or condition. Browse the array of products by Biotherm Singapore to find a suitable skin cleansing product formulated for your needs.
Make sure to rinse off the cleanser completely as any residue could irritate the skin. Pat the skin dry instead of dragging the towel across your skin.
Toners, Astringents and Pore Treatments
Even after the pre-cleansing and washing process, fine traces of oil and dirt may be still be present on the skin surface. Toners help to remove fine traces of oil, dirt, and make-up that may have been missed when cleansing. Like skin cleansers, toners are formulated for specific skin types. Oily skin can tolerate witch hazel-based products that can be drying for skin types already affected by lack of moisture. For dry skin, use products that contain hyaluronic acid,glycerin or panthenol.
Night time exfoliation benefits the skin because it can breathe and recover during the downtime. Exfoliation sloughs off dead cells to allow more efficient absorption of skin products. However, exfoliation should be done no more than once or twice weekly to avoid over-stressing the skin. Exfoliants typically contain glycolic acid, lactic acid, or malic acid.
The lips need gentle exfoliation using a soft cleansing cloth moistened with warm water. Rub gently to remove dead skin cells before applying lip balm to moisturize and heal.
Moisturize and Pamper
Some skin types may benefit from nightly application of a serum such as the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum. These products are loaded with antioxidants and hyaluronic acid to moisturize and smooth out visible lines.
Moisturizers come in cream, lotion or gel types. Choose one that is compatible with your skin type, and make surer to use it every night after the complete cleansing routine. Moisturizers should contain emollients for skin softening and humectants that promote moisture retention.
Once or twice a week, apply a sheet mask while relaxing for the recommended amount of time. Sheet masks are infused with various botanicals to pamper the skin and promote deeper hydration, leading to dewy and luminous skin.
A healthy night-time regimen practiced consistently ensures that you wake up feeling and looking fresh, rested and ready to face the world.