5 Essential Tips In Choosing A Virtual Private Server Provider In Malaysia
If you run a website with a relatively large amount of traffic, it’s advisable that you use a virtual private server to ensure that the website is not susceptible to outages and attacks. There are virtual private server providers in Malaysia that offer this kind of hosting. However, you should take the time to weigh all your options to ensure that you hire the appropriate company. Below are some practical tips on how to choose a reliable private server provider:
- The host should offer an uptime rate guarantee of not below 99.99%. Since you are paying a premium for the server, you should also receive a premium uptime rate. With an uptime rate of 99.99%, there is little chance that your site will ever go down because of heavy load and traffic.
- The provider should offer both managed and unmanaged VPS hosting. These options have their pros and cons. What you choose depends on your personal preferences. However, you should also have the ability to switch from managed to unmanaged hosting or vice-versa anytime you want.
- The hosting company should provide 24/7 customer support. This is an essential aspect of VPS hosting because you never know when something goes wrong. A support representative should always be there when you need assistance with your server.
- The provider must have round-the-clock monitoring of your server. This is to make sure that your website doesn’t go down in critical moments. Close monitoring is also useful in keeping hackers away.
- The control panel should be easy to manage. This is imperative if you are not that savvy when it comes to managing servers. Some providers train their clients on how to effectively run and operate their servers.
It’s essential that you take these tips seriously because you will be working with the hosting company for years. The reliability of the hosting company is highly instrumental in the success of your website. If your site goes down too many times because of server issues, your customers and other interested parties will stop visiting. This will hurt your business both in the short and long run. So choose your host wisely.